Saturday, February 25, 2012

Teriyaki Chicken with Wild Rice and Grilled Pineapple

I love teriyaki chicken!  Teriyaki anything really!  But - I can't just use the teriyaki sauce alone!  I like to add more to it to enhance the flavors! 

I also generally like to make this with fresh pineapple, but my grocery store did not have one when I did my shopping.  So - canned pineapple rings had to suffice, and they still tasted great! 

I also love the concept of Uncle Ben's "rice in a bag" (aka black and brown rice in my house) - this cooks in 90 seconds in the microwave!  Genius!  I will say that I was out and about in my neighborhood with my boys the day we made this and one of our neighbors was also making teriyaki chicken for dinner!  She told me about coconut rice.  Basmati rice made with coconut milk.  A perfect pairing for a teriyaki based dish!  As I put dinner on the table, the doorbell rang - and there she was with a Tupperware full of it!  It was delicious!  I'll definitely have to make that next time I create something teriyaki.....


Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon ginger (the ginger in the tube works great!)
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
Pineapple rings
Rice

In a large, zip top, plastic bag; add the chicken, teriyaki sauce, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar.  Mix together and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.  While the grill is heating, take the bag of marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and let sit on the counter for a few minutes.  Grill chicken until cooked through.  Once the chicken is almost done, add the pineapple rings to the grill, let cook for just a few minutes on each side.  Slice chicken and serve with rice.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment