Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Pineapple Margaritas - with Sandra Lee Cocktail Time™ Key Lime Margaritas

With Sandra Lee Cocktail Time™ Margaritas being available just about EVERYWHERE now - including my favorite grocery store, Safeway,  I wanted to give the Key Lime one a try.  I used the Strawberry Margarita in these Strawberry Sparklers that I made this summer and they were delicious.

Over the weekend during a visit to our cabin, we had plans to make all kinds of different concoctions.  However, we stopped after just one.  One try and it was perfect.  I had to give all of the credit to the margarita mix.  We did come up with another recipe - but I'll keep that to myself for now, stay tuned for a second variety.

This can easily be multiplied out to make a pitcher's worth - which I probably should have done in the first place.  I couldn't keep up with the rate of consumption!


Pineapple Margaritas
Serves 1

Salt (poured onto a small plate)
Crushed ice
4 oz Sandra Lee Cocktail Time™ Margaritas
2 oz pineapple juice
Splash of dry sparkling wine
Lime slices and pineapple wedges, for garnish

Run a lime wedge around the rim of a margarita glass, then add salt by dipping the rim of the glass onto the plate.

In a cocktail shaker, add ice, margarita, and pineapple juice.  Shake well.

Add crushed ice to the glass and pour in Pineapple Margarita from cocktail shaker.  Top with a splash of dry sparkling wine.  Garnish and serve.

1 comment: