Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pineapple Refresher

It’s week 3 of “Cocktail Month” and I am excited to share a concoction that is new to me – but is sure to be an ongoing favorite.  This Pineapple Refresher couldn’t be easier to make and excellent on the palate during these hot summer months! 

A friend of mine told me about this and I may be hooked!  I’m sure you could use any flavored vodka to make this drink – I even saw a strawberry lemonade vodka at the store that might just be impeccable as well! 

I used a pineapple vodka made by New Amsterdam that I purchased at my local Safeway.  Topped off with some carbonated water and garnished with a slice of pineapple, it is the perfect drink for summer.  

Seltzer water was my choice, you could certainly use a mineral water such as Perrier or San Pellegrino – I just try to stick with something that doesn’t have sodium.

Another new product I tried while making this drink are silicone ice cube trays that produce perfectly square 1-inch cubes.  These were super easy to get out of the tray and the cubes look great in the glass.  There are bigger 2-inch trays you can purchase, but those are more for whiskey on the rocks – allowing for a slower rate of melting.  The name of the trays I purchased is called Elbee Silicone Ice Tray – 15 cube set of 2 and I bought them through Amazon for a mere $8.99.  These will see plenty of use!

Enjoy this one while the temperatures are warm – I’m sure you will love it!  Hint:  It’s even better in a chilled glass.



Pineapple Refresher
Makes 1 cocktail
Ice Cubes 
1 ½ ounces Pineapple Vodka 
Carbonated Water 
Sliced pineapple, for garnish

Fill chilled rocks glass with ice cubes.  Add 1 ½ ounces of pineapple vodka.  Top with carbonated water, stir, garnish and serve immediately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment