Monday, October 6, 2014

Romaine Salad with Burrata Cheese

As you may remember, I decided to purchase some Burrata - you can read all about what that is in my Burrata: 101 - What is This Cheese All About? post.  I made several dishes and I will be sharing the recipes over the next few weeks.

This first one is a salad.  I eat salads daily - typically one as my lunch and then we almost always serve one with our family dinner. Obviously salads are easy to make and change to what you like to have in them. I included here some of the ingredients I enjoy in my salads - including a little Burrata.





Romaine Salad with Burrata Cheese
Serves 4 as a side salad

10-12 oz of Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
20-24 Kalamata olives, whole (and ideally without pits!)
1/2 cup chopped almonds
Salt and Pepper, to taste
8 oz Burrata cheese (two 4-oz balls), roughly cut into pieces
Good olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Combine the Romaine, radishes, red onions, Kalamata olives, and chopped almonds in a large bowl and toss well.

Add the Burrata cheese along with the salt and pepper.

I don't have amounts of the olive oil and balsamic vinegar because I think it varies by person.  I typically add the oil and vinegar as a 1:1 ratio - adding enough to coat the leaves.  It's important, in my opinion, to use really good olive oil and vinegar when adding it to a salad.  I chose Balanced EVOO and Aged Balsamic Vinegar both from a producer local to Arizona, Queen Creek Olive Mill.

Gently toss the salad and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment