Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Shock Top's Lemon Shandy - A Refreshing Beer for Summer

It's the third week of Cocktail Month for me over at the Southeast Valley Ledger and I'm here to tell you about a beer that caught my eye the other day.  I do enjoy a nice cold bottle of Shock Top Belgian White from time to time - but I saw a seasonal of theirs that peaked my interest.  Shock Top's Lemon Shandy was sitting right there waiting for me to purchase.  I was a tad skeptical, so stuck with buying a 6 pack instead of a 12 pack.

After bringing it home and making sure it was perfectly chilled, I thought it would be kinda summery to drink it out of a mason jar with a lemon slice as a garnish.

It is a wheat beer, which I like, with a touch of lemon flavor.  It wasn't bad!  The Lemon Shandy was refreshing and smooth to the palate.  An enjoyable beer; perfect for summer.  Shock Top is owned and operated by Anheuser Busch and offers both year-round and seasonal beers.  The Lemon Shandy is decent - I would suggest giving it a taste this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment