Tuesday, May 20, 2014

California Crush by Tyler Florence - Sauvignon Blanc

It’s week 4 of “Cocktail Month” for me over on The Southeast Valley Ledger and I’m excited to tell you about the Sauvignon Blanc from California Crush by Tyler Florence.  For those of you who have been reading my column and blog for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of this celebrity chef.   I was pretty excited last summer when I learned that he was launching three wines out of the Napa Valley area – a Custom Blended Red, a Pink Moscato, and this Sauvignon Blanc. 

He partnered with Target and made the wines available there at the end of October 2013.  Through Instagram and Twitter, his fans began taking photos of the wines they were finding at Target and hash tagging with #CaliforniaCrush.  I, of course, had to jump in on the action and posted my photo on November 3rd of my husband holding the Red wine and got a “like” from Tyler on Instagram.  I jumped on the bandwagon again with another photo of the Red on National Drink Wine Day and happily got another “like” from him on Instagram.

This crisp, slightly fruity, refreshing white is an excellent choice for summer.  It is beautiful in color and deliciously clean on the palate.  Coming in at $10.99 a bottle (at Target of course!) it’s a decent wine for the price.  



4 comments:

  1. I just saw this post. I just bought the same bottle at Target. I am a huge fan as well. It was pretty yellow in color but I thought maybe it was the bottle color. The taste was bad. Like it had fermented. I was so disappointed!! I usually stay away from white wine like Pinot Grigoi or A S.B. that are yellowish so I should have known. It makes me mad that even a 2012 goes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I needed to spell check !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melinda - I'm so sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. I have tried a couple of his wines and haven't had any problems. Do you like red wines? He has a red blend that is pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just opened a bottle of this myself, and yep, it smells bad. Cork was dry. Disappointed.

    ReplyDelete