Tuesday, April 22, 2014

2014 Easter Family Brunch and Egg Hunt

We once again hosted our annual Family Brunch and Egg Hunt over the weekend and once again, it was a lot of fun!  Starting at 10:00 a.m. and ending with the last guests leaving at 10:00 p.m. - it was a full day!

I have always used Evite to send out the invitations and to track the RSVPs.  When we first hosted this event in 2009, I was pregnant with our 2nd son and figured I would be making everything myself.  Wrong!  All of our friends who attended offered to bring a dish to share and it has become a tradition to make it a pot luck event. 

The hubby and I provide all of the drinks and all of the filled eggs.  Like, a lot of them.  Like, in the 1200-ish range!  I usually make a couple of dishes as well. 

We hired "Tim The Balloon Guy" as we have done for past parties. Wet met him several years ago at one of the Chick-fil-a Family Fun Nights - he is a super talented balloon artist and the kids all love him!  My friend Mindy also came over to do some face (and arm!) painting for the kids.  She was kind enough to take some photos of the party guests as well!

Typically, we have a bounce house - but this year we had a technical difficulty with said bounce house the morning of the party.  So we scrapped it (well, we didn't really have a choice!) and the kids had a great time with everything else going on! 

Here are a few pictures from this year's event.  I'll share the recipe for the morning casserole in a future blog post!


 

 

 

 




What are your Easter traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment