Thursday, August 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats

Another good and easy idea from the hostess of them all....Martha Stewart.  These No-Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars were a cinch to make!  I even considered having one of them with my cup of coffee for breakfast!  But resisted the temptation.....

I almost went to Sprouts to find a brown rice cereal, but then figured I should just use the Rice Krispies I already had in my pantry for this treat.  For the peanut butter, I used a natural (salt added) creamy peanut butter from Safeway's Open Nature.

You can get to the recipe on Martha's website by clicking the link above or I included it below the photos.

Enjoy!




Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Makes 16 Squares
Recipe Courtesy of Martha Stewart

1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups salted peanut butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 cups Rice Krispies

Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with wax paper or baking parchment.  Place the corn syrup and sugars in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.  Bring to a boil.  Remove from heat.

Stir in the peanut butter and mix well to combine.  Quickly stir in the vanilla and Rice Krispies. . Spread into the lined baking pan. Cool and slice into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment