Monday, August 20, 2012

Breaded Ravioli

Each month, we participate in a "Couples Euchre Night" - one couple hosts, providing the house, drinks, and dessert and the other 7 couples bring an appetizer to share.   We enjoy this night every month and I love trying to find a recipe that will be a big hit with the group of 16! 

The participants of this group have evolved over time, but this group has been playing for 6 years now. We have had months when everyone has the same idea on their mind and we end up with 4 platters of buffalo wings or a night where everyone brings some sort of dip!

Last weekend, I decided to make Breaded Ravioli out of one of my Costco cookbooks - yep, Costco cookbooks.  Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, I head to Costco to pick up my free cookbook that they hand out until they are all gone.  I don't think every Costco does this, but I know mine does! 

This was pretty easy to make - I prepared ahead of time and heated just before heading out of the house.  They would have been good in a chafing dish, but tasted great at room temperature too.  There was a lot of cooking in my kitchen over the weekend as we hosted dinner for others on Friday and Sunday - so on Saturday decided to not make it too much work and served the ravioli with a store bought marinara sauce for dipping.  Normally I would have probably made my own. 

I hope you give these a try and enjoy!


Breaded Ravioli
Serves 4-6
Recipe courtesy of Cooking In Style The Costco Way

1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons milk
1/2-1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
12 frozen four-cheese ravioli, thawed
3 cups vegetable, corn, or canola oil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan or other cheese
Prepared marinara sauce or salsa

Place flour in a shallow bowl.  (I added salt and pepper to the flour)

Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl.

Place bread crumbs in another bowl.

Gently coat each ravioli with flour.  Dip the egg mixture and then coat with bread crumbs.

Pour oil into heavy frying pan and heat until it sizzles.  Fry ravioli 4 at a time for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.

Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.

Cut ravioli in half, insert a toothpick in each half and serve with marinara sauce or salsa.

2 comments: