Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Italian Raspberry Cocktail

I found this gem of a cocktail in the June 2012 issue of Sunset Magazine, what an easy drink to make and a smash hit amongst my party guests....well, the female ones at least!  I'm not sure any of the guys tried this one! 

It does call for a raspberry simple syrup which you will want to make ahead of time.  I've included the recipe below!

Enjoy this refreshing cocktail this summer - I know I will again!



Italian Raspberry Cocktail
Serves 2
Recipe courtesy of Sunset Magazine

Simple Syrup Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups raspberries

To make the raspberry simple syrup, stir together 3/4 cup each water and sugar in a small saucepan.  Add 1 1/2 cups raspberries.  Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes.  Cool, then strain.  Keeps 1 week, chilled.

Italian Raspberry Cocktail Ingredients
Lemon juice
Orange juice
Club soda
Raspberries and cucmber slices for garnish

For the cocktail, combine 1/4 cup Campari, 6 tablespoons raspberry simple syrup, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons orange juice.  Divide between 2 ice filled glasses.  Top each with 1/3 cup club soda, stir.  Garnish with raspberries and cucumber slices. 

Note:  I forgot to buy cumcumber slices at the store!  Mine was only garnished with raspberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment