Friday, May 11, 2012

Fresh Pasta and Sauces Cooking Class

I was very excited to put this post together!  A girlfriend of mine and I decided to take a cooking class - we found one offered at Sur La Table called "Easy Fresh Pasta and Sauces".  Being Italian, I certainly do own a pasta machine, and I believe it may have even been on our wedding registry and given to us as a gift!  The hubby and I used to make fresh pasta all of the time.  Then we had kids and starting heading back down the dried pasta aisle at the grocery store.  That is about to come to an end!  My brother makes fresh pasta all of the time - I plan to jump back on that bandwagon!  You can check out his Facebook page with his ideas at
Leisure Cooking.

My girlfriend who invited me to join her had never made fresh pasta - so this was the perfect course for us to take!  The class lasted about two hours - with a break in the middle of course for shopping!  During the introduction we were given an appetizer to eat and then we were on to cooking!  The chef taught us how to make our pasta dough, how to prepare our sauces, how to use a knife properly, how to roll our pasta, how to cut our pasta, and how to prepare our pasta.  At the end, we were able to all enjoy the fruits of our labor - and each dish was delicious.

The dishes we prepared included:  Spaghetti with Roasted Asparagus and Shaved Parmesan, Fettuccini and Crabmeat with a Lemon Alfredo Sauce, and Pappardelle with Pancetta, Peas, and Mint.  Chef Mac was our instructor - he was an enthusiastic teacher and talented chef. We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again.

I remembered how easy it was to make fresh pasta by going to this class.  I am already planning to make fresh pasta with my boys and the hubby for dinner on Mother's Day.  Stay tuned for another post!   My girlfriend and I are definitely going to continue to take classes together - we had so much fun and learned a lot!  In the meantime, enjoy the photos from our class!



No comments:

Post a Comment