Sunday, April 15, 2012

Apple-Glazed Pork Tenderloins

I love to grill.  I love the taste that grilled food offers.  I stumbled across this recipe in one of my many Junior League cookbooks - this one specifically from one of the Junior League of Mobile books.    This was quite tasty!  I did reserve the marinade and reduced it while the pork was cooking to make a sauce.  I usually have a fear of pork being dry, so typically create some sort of sauce for it!    Once it was boiling, I added 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter and seasoned the sauce with salt and pepper.  After I took the meat off of the grill and while it was resting, I whisked in some cornstarch to thicken it.   I served it with Parmesan couscous and steamed carrots - it was a big hit with my entire family!


Apple-Glazed Pork Tenderloins
Serves 6

1 (6 oz) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1/3 cup apple jelly
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons bourbon (I used whiskey)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
3 pork tenderloins, trimmed

If making sauce with reserved marinade:
2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Salt/pepper to taste
1-2 tablespoons cornstarch (start slowly, add more as needed to thicken)

Mix the apple juice concentrate, apple jelly, vegetable oil, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, ginger, salt & pepper in a bowl.  Pour over the pork in a shallow dish.  Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 6-10 hours.  Drain the pork and place on a grill rack.  Grill over medium-hot heat for 45 to 60 minutes or until cooked through, turning frequently.

If making the sauce, bring the mariade to a boil, add 2-3 tablespoons of unsalted butter and season with salt and pepper.  Once the meat is off of the grill and resting, slowly whisk in the cornstarch to thicken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment