Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kahlua Brandy Freeze

I'm not much of a fan of desserts, but when I host a party, I know I need them!  I didn't actually try this one - but those who did,  kept saying "now this is my kind of ice cream!"  I took this recipe straight out of the Pomegranates & Prickly Pears cookbook from The Junior League of Phoenix.  It was super easy and a big hit!  The recipe did call to serve it with fresh fruit and/or berries - I offered this, but my guests were happy with it "straight up"!


Kahlua Brandy Freeze
Serves 8 to 12
From Pomegranates & Prickly Pears, a cookbook by the Junior League of Phoenix

Ingredients:


1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup Kahlua or creme de cacao

Combine the ice cream, brandy, and liqueur in a blender and process until smooth.  Pour into individual dessert bowls such as ramekins and freeze, covered with plastic wrap, until firm.  Serve with fresh fruit and/or berries.  You may serve in brandy glasses if preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment