Monday, February 27, 2012

Marinated Filet

My family LOVES steak, so the more I serve it to them, the happier they are!   I know a lot of people would cringe at the thought of marinating a filet - it's like "ruining" it - I disagree!  I love marinating filet at home, adding a new flavor to the already awesome taste of it!


Marinated Filet
Serves 4
allow for 6-8 hours of marinating time


4 filets
2-3 tablespoons of Worschestire sauce
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced ginger (the stuff in the tube works just great!)
2 teaspoons course ground Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
Dash hot sauce
Cracked black pepper
The Melting Pot Garlic and Wine Seasoning (obviously optional - but I love this stuff!)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 bottle of beer - your choice, today I used Widner Hefeweizen)

First you'll want to decide how much (if any) of the fat you want to trim from the filets.  The fat adds flavor while cooking, but then you have more to deal with at the time of eating.  I trim some of the big pieces - something I can quickly cut off goes!  Go ahead and tenderize the filets too....take two forks to them and poke a bunch of holes in them - on both sides.  Some of you I'm sure are cringing after reading this step.  Put the filets in a glass baking dish. 

Next, you can combine all of these ingredients in a separate bowl, or just dump it in as you go over the filets in the baking dish then mix at the end.  Either way, you'll be fine.  Combine, Worchestire sauce, garlic, ginger, mustard, liquid smoke, hot sauce, pepper, Melting Pot seasoning (optional), onion powder, olive oil, and beer - to just barely cover the filets.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally.

Start up the grill, as the grill is heating, go ahead and take out the filets and let sit on the counter for a bit - just to take the cold edge off of them.  Grill them to your liking - enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment