Thursday, July 24, 2014

From The House: Orange Garlic Marinade

I’m excited to announce that I am adding a new section to my blog called “From The House”.  This page will feature recipes that are created from scratch such sauces, dressings, marinades, etc. that I frequently make in my  kitchen!  It is definitely a work in progress right now, but I will continue to add to it over time.

This first recipe is an easy marinade that is perfect to use on chicken prior to grilling.  The chicken then can be served alongside fresh veggies, quinoa, rice, or even on top of a salad to round out your meal.  I hope you will give this a try and come back to give me your thoughts!



Orange Garlic Marinade
For 4 -6 chicken breasts

1 cup orange juice
¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger (I use the kind in the tube by Gourmet Garden)
Dash hot sauce
2 green onions, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon dried basil
Salt & Pepper

Combine all of the ingredients with a whisk.  Lay chicken breasts flat in a large pan.  Pour marinade into the dish and flip over the chicken to cover both sides.  


Cover with plastic wrap and turn occasionally.  Allow to marinate for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator.  Grill chicken until done and discard marinade. 

I love serving this with a tossed salad, filled with carrots, mushrooms, radishes, apples, avocados, and artichoke hearts!  My boys eat way more meat if it is cut small for some reason!  Here is the finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment