Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cherry Almond Breakfast Bread

As I was looking through my Williams Sonoma catalog that recently arrived, my eyes quickly spotted a recipe for Cherry Almond Quick Bread.  I removed the "quick" from my post title, because I didn't use one of their quick bread mixes featured on the same page!

This bread is delicious!  I am a huge fan of cherries, paired with an almond flavor, it's awesome.  I have another recipe for Cherry Almond Frozen Yogurt on my site, you'll want to be sure to check that out too.


Cherry Almond Breakfast Bread
Makes 1 loaf
Recipe courtesy of Williams Sonoma

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped dried tart cherries
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 8" x 4" loaf pan.

In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Add cherries; toss to distribute evenly.  In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs, butter, and almond extract.  Add to flour mixture; stir until combined.  Do not overmix. 

Pour batter into prepared pan.  Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.  Transfer pan to wire rack; let cool 10 minutes.  Turn loaf out onto rack; let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment