Friday, February 1, 2013

Pomegranate and Açaí Super Smoothie

As I continue to search for healthy and delicious choices in 2013, I stumbled (literally, I wasn't looking for a smoothie) across this recipe in my Food & Wine Annual Cookbook 2012.  I didn't have all of the ingredients, so made some modifications based upon what was in my refrigerator. 

What a tasty breakfast smoothie this was for my boys and I today!  A little tart, a little sweet - and packed with lots of nutrients! 

Kudos to my oldest who suggested I take the smoothie outside for the photo.  He said that it would be a good picture like we were sitting outside while the sun was coming up to eat our breakfast!  Smart boy!


Pomegranate and Açaí Super Smoothie
Makes 2 large drinks - (I made 4 small drinks)
Adopted from Food & Wine Annual Cookbook 2012

1 cup Greek non-fat, plain yogurt
1 banana
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 cup Pomegranate juice
1/2 cup açaí juice
1 tablespoon agave nectar

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.  Blend at high speed until smooth.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment