Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pumpkin Snowballs

I ran across this cute little recipe in my November issue of Parenting magazine - it looked easy, somewhat healthy, and a great way to finish off Thanksgiving weekend.   There are a couple of modifications to the original.  While getting the oatmeal out of the pantry, I decided to add some wheat germ and then dropped in a couple of more tablespoons of pumpkin puree to balance it out. 

The result?  My boys loved them - as did I and my visiting mother-in-law.  Total prep time was 10-15 minutes (includes time spent defending myself from lightsaber attacks in the kitchen from a 3 year old and 6 year old).    Quick and easy!


Pumpkin Snowballs
Makes approximately 12 snowballs
Recipe adopted from Parenting magazine

1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
5 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 - 1 cup powdered sugar

Combine oatmeal, wheat germ, pumpkin-pie spice, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and raisins in a bowl.  Form into 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment