Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cherry Almond Frozen Yogurt

My boys and I had a lot of fun this summer making different ice creams, gelatos, and frozen yogurts in our ice cream maker.  They get to take turns choosing what we make each time.  The latest concoction was a suggestion from my little one - Cherry Frozen Yogurt.  While making it, I added the almond extract - but didn't tell them because I wasn't sure if they would shun it because it was different than the original request.  I don't even think they noticed!  We served this last weekend after having dinner with some friends, there were 6 kids here - they all loved it.  One of them even licked the bowl clean!


Cherry Almond Frozen Yogurt
Serves 10-12

24 ounces frozen cherries, roughly chopped
1 cup sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup 1% milk
32 ounces low fat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon almond extract

Combine the above ingredients.  Place in the refrigerator covered for a few hours or up to overnight.

Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment