Monday, June 18, 2012

Cosmopolitan Jello Shots

As I have said before, I am not a huge fan of desserts, but I know that a lot of other people are!  We recently hosted a Couples Euchre where I decided to serve Cosmopolitan Jello Shots as the dessert!  It was a little "foo-foo" - but most of the men tried it too and everyone seemed to enjoy!  They were very easy to make, I found the original recipe here on Tablespoon, they were super easy to prepare and a great make ahead dessert!

I used mini muffin tins as the mold, I didn't think I'd be able to cut them even enough to just let them set in a pan!  I did put a little bit of grapeseed oil in the pans before pouring in the jello so that it would be easier to get them out.  Once set, I used a small spatula to scoop them out of the molds!  They are garnished with quartered maraschino cherries and lime zest. 



Cosmopolitan Jello Shots
Makes 32
Recipe courtesy of Tablespoon

1 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
2 1/2 envelopes Knox plain gelatin
1/4 cup Rose's lime juice (or fresh lime juice with a health dash of simple syrup)
1/4 cup Grand Marnier, or Cointreau (use Cointreau or Triple Sec for a milder tasting jelly shot)
3/4 cup orange flavored vodka (I used Ketel One Oranje)
Small amount grapeseed oil, to grease the mini muffin cups
Quartered maraschino cherries, for garnish
Zest of 1 lime, for garnish

Pour cranberry and lime juices into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a few minutes. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes).

Stir in the liquors, making sure to fully incorporate.

With a paper towel, put a little bit of grapeseed oil into each muffin cup.

Pour into pan or molds, and chill until set, several hours or overnight.

To serve, remove from molds with a small spatula or cut into desired shapes and garnish with maraschino cherries and lime zest, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment